Technology assessment at market level
The energy system is in a transition
The overall energy and power system is in the middle of the greatest transition ever – from central fossil fuel based production to decentral renewable production. Denmark is a pioneer in this transition, and other countries are highly inspired by our experiences.
In Denmark the political objectives are ambitious: By 2020 half of the energy consumption is to be covered by renewable energy, and by 2050 fossil fuel based production is to be fully phased out.
We offer to
- Assess the port folio of possible technical solutions enabling plant owners to make the right investment decisions
- Analyse the market potential for a specific plant concept to create the best business case
- Provide an overview of the adaptability and maturity of various technologies with the purpose of making an business roadmap
- Identify cost-efficient solutions in connection with changing market conditions
- Analyse the suitability of technologies in a future energy system to optimise public investments
This can be done by e.g.
- Comparing various concept options such as heat and power production combined with large accumulator tanks or heat pumps. This enables a plant owner to increase the flexibility between power production and heat production,
- Identifying and determining technical assumptions in connection with system analyses to ensure consistent and realistic calculations for subsequent strategic decisions.
- Developing tools capable of predicting the consequences of various technology investments in order to assess the investment risks and ensure continuous earnings.