Concept optimization – conventional heat and power plants
An adaptation of the heat and power production is necessary
In Denmark there are many large and small heat and power plants which through minor adaptations can create a great value in the future. Today large adaptations in market and regulatory conditions are being made. Therefore it will be necessary to adjust the plants to achieve a more flexible operation and a greener profile. Such adaptations require sound investments without influencing operational stability, energy efficiency, environmental impacts and plant lifetime.
We offer to
- Design minor plant adjustments to improve operation flexibility
- Assess the consequences of plant adjustments and thus ensure a high efficiency, a high operation flexibility and a long life time
- Carry out an overall assessment of the actual plant performance to tailor the exact improvements required
- Develop models /calculation programs with the purpose of assessing new plant concepts
This can be done by e.g.
- Adjusting a grate fired boiler enabling it to use several fuel types such as bio-fuels. This ensures a reliable operation without any unexpected maintenance costs
- Assessing and determining materials for waste-fired boilers in order to reduce maintenance costs
- Designing a new control concept enhancing the plant’s possibilities for participation in regulation markets and ancillary services with the purpose of increasing power production earnings.
- Developing a model proving that lowering the technical minimum of a heat and power plant does not lead to evaporator instabilities or increase the wear of the heating surfaces